PLA FilamentPLA is the ideal material for a Mendel RepRap. It is dimensionally stable, so there is no need for a heated bed. It is relatively inexpensive, and is not hard to source in filament form.
You can get slightly higher quality surface finish with ABS over PLA, but on the whole PLA works better in the machine, requiring lower temperatures and giving stronger, more hard-wearing products.
- High quality 1.75mm PLA filament
- This filament is always round, with no oily residue, no air bubbles, and it comes loaded on a quality spool.
- The plastic is great quality, and no kinks or breaks. Excellent 3D printing results.
- For most standard 3D printers such as Reprap, MakerBot, Afinia, Solidoodle 2, Printrbot LC, MakerGear M2 and UP! (Afinia H-Series).
- This filament holds exceptionally tight tolerances.
- The diameter stays stable and consistent (between 1.71mm and 1.78mm)
- Widely used in health care, education, toys, building, automobile, electronics, and anime field.
- Making for smoother 3D printing, and fewer extruder nozzle problems.
Price: $12.99 Standard Colors | Other Colors Available